Press Reporter News Service
New Delhi, June 3
With wheat procurement touching an all-time excessive, the Centre right this moment stated the problem concerning unscientific storage of the grain, primarily in Punjab and Haryana, can be resolved by July-end.
‘100% scientific storage by July-end’
- “In two months by July-end, it will likely be 100 per cent scientific storage throughout the nation, together with Punjab and Haryana,” FCI CMD Atish Chandra stated
- As per the Centre, as many as 44.43 lakh farmers have benefited from the continuing RMS procurement operations with an MSP worth of Rs81,196.20 crore
- For wheat procurement, Rs76,055.71 crore has been transferred to farmers
- Paddy procurement reached practically 800 lakh tonnes until June 2, setting a brand new report
- About Rs1.38 lakh crore has been transferred into the financial institution accounts of paddy farmers
“In two months (July-end) it will likely be 100 per cent scientific storage throughout the nation, together with Punjab and Haryana,” FCI CMD Atish Chandra stated. Of the overall wheat, 411.12 LMT, bought until June 2, Punjab has contributed 132.27 LMT (32.17 per cent), which is an all-time excessive, Haryana 84.93 LMT (20.65 per cent), and Madhya Pradesh 128.08 LMT (31.15 per cent). Chandra stated near 97 per cent of this grain was beneath scientific storage.
Being key producers, Punjab and Haryana “face a brief concern of unscientific storage for just a few days. “Round 3.5 per cent of the grain is beneath non permanent storage, all in Punjab and Haryana,” he stated.
“Punjab and Haryana see a terrific quantity of offloading in a brief span of time, not like different grain-producing states. That is non permanent storage, and within the first occasion, the grain is moved to a spot the place it’s protected. It’s a small amount in comparison with the quantity of grain storage. “The problem goes to be resolved earlier than July-end to make it 100 per cent scientific storage throughout the nation, together with in Punjab and Haryana,” Chandra stated. Grains beneath unscientific storage embody round 19.6 LMT in Punjab and 9.four LMT in Haryana, round 29 LMT (3.5 per cent) of the 880 LMT in all, based on the FCI CMD.
Meals Secretary Sudhanshu Pandey stated the earlier report for wheat procurement was 389.92 lakh tonnes final yr. “We now have revised the goal to 432.5 lakh tonnes,” he stated.