Navratri is likely one of the most auspicious Hindu festivals celebrated in India. Those that have a good time it mark it by fasting and adopting a sattvic weight-reduction plan to cleanse and detoxify the physique and thoughts. The fasting is finished with non secular significance throughout this time and excludes elements which can be heavy, wealthy or trigger indigestion.
For many who have a candy tooth, this will seem to be a time with very restricted choices. However in the event you really take a more in-depth take a look at conventional sweets and desserts, you’ll discover that easy substitution of unhealthy elements with more healthy ones can provide you sattvic dessert choices that are tremendous low-calorie and wholesome as properly.
Listed here are three wholesome candy dishes that you could do this Navratri season with out worrying about gaining any additional weight within the course of.
1. Buckwheat halwa
Buckwheat flour or kuttu ka atta is likely one of the elements used to make Navratri dishes. This gluten-free flour is low in energy and comprises good quantities of proteins, fiber and minerals. What’s extra, you may make halwa with it the identical manner as you make besan ka halwa.
- Roast half cup buckwheat flour and half cup rajgira flour in about two tablespoons of ghee in a pan till golden brown
- In the meantime, boil 1.5 cups of water in one other pan
- Add the water to the flour whereas stirring to verify it doesn’t type lumps. Use a whisk if required
- Let the water soak up fully, which signifies that the buckwheat flour is cooked, after which add half cup of sugar or jaggery to the combo
- Maintain mixing till the sugar dissolves
- Take away from the warmth and garnish with chopped almonds
- Might be served scorching or cool
2. Makhana kheer
Makhanas (fox nuts) are a low-calorie meals with nearly zero fats and ldl cholesterol and good quantities of calcium, sodium and potassium. Makhana kheer will be ready shortly with elements simply out there in most pantries or grocery shops. Right here is how:
- Warmth two tablespoons of ghee in a pan and saute the makhana seeds in it on medium flame till they flip golden brown
- Add about 5 cups of low-fat milk to the pan and convey it to a boil. Flip the flame to low and cook dinner for 10-12 minutes
- Add half cup jaggery and a few cardamom powder and cook dinner for 10 extra minutes
- Add a couple of strands of saffron (kesar) and warmth on medium for a minute.
- Take the pan off the warmth and let it cool earlier than serving
3. Kaddu barfi
Kaddu or pumpkin is one more fiber-rich low-calorie meals that you need to use to make a wholesome dessert to your Navratri feast. The delectable dessert shouldn’t be tough to make and doesn’t require fancy elements.
- Chop about 2 cups of yellow or ripe pumpkin
- Warmth two tablespoons of ghee in a pan, put the pumpkin in and let it cook dinner for about 15 minutes on low warmth
- When the pumpkin turns into comfortable, mash it with a spatula and proceed to cook dinner till the water dries fully
- Add two tablespoon (or to style) of sugar and a little bit of cardamom powder and blend it properly till the combination begins to go away sides
- Add a few tablespoon (or much less) of combined nuts of your alternative, like almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds or walnuts
- Take the pan off the warmth and pour the contents on a greased rectangular tray
- Let the combination cool and set. You possibly can maintain it within the fridge for this stage
- Use a greased knife to chop evenly-sized items of the barfi, and serve
For extra info, learn our article on Wholesome recipes.
At The Press Reporter researchers and journalists work with docs to convey you info on all issues well being.