Monday, 26 October, 2020
Home Latest Stories Fire At COVID-19 Hospital In Gujarat, Patients Shifted To Safety

Fire At COVID-19 Hospital In Gujarat, Patients Shifted To Safety

Some have been shifted to hospital’s decrease ground and a few have been later admitted to different hospitals.

Bodeli:

A fireplace broke out within the COVID-19 ward of a two-storey hospital in Bodeli city of Gujarat’s Chhotaudepur district on Wednesday morning, an official stated.

There was no casualty within the hearth that erupted on the second ground of Bodeli Dhokalia Public Hospital, the official stated, including that 10 COVID-19 sufferers present process therapy on the facility have been shifted to its decrease ground and a few of them have been later admitted to different hospitals.

“A minor hearth occurred within the change board of COVID-19 ward following short-circuit within the morning. The hearth was managed instantly by the employees with the assistance of fireplace extinguisher,” Chief District Well being Officer Dr Mahesh Chaudhary stated.

“As a precaution, the employees additionally shifted all of the 10 sufferers to decrease ground,” he stated.

Later, after a well being checkup, three sufferers got discharge as they examined adverse for coronavirus whereas seven have been shifted to different hospitals in Chhotaudepur city, stated Mr Chaudhary.

The second ground of the hospital, a trust-run facility, was earlier transformed right into a COVID-19 ward.

“Whereas the hearth was minor and didn’t trigger any casualty or harm to property, it’ll take time to verify and change the electrical wiring on the second ground. Thus, we’ve got determined to shift the coronavirus sufferers elsewhere,” Mr Chaudhary stated.

Out of the seven sufferers, two have been admitted to the district hospital whereas 5 have been shifted to a COVID Care Centre arrange within the Polytechnic Faculty in Chhotaudepur city, the official added.

On August 6, eight COVID-19 sufferers died in a hearth within the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) ward of a hospital in Ahmedabad.

A preliminary inquiry carried out by a government- appointed two-member committee discovered the first reason behind the hearth was short-circuit in a medical tools, which unfold within the hospital’s ICU.

After the incident, state authorities had ordered a hearth security audit of all hospitals within the state to keep away from a repeat of such tragedy. 

(This story has not been edited by The Press Reporter employees and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Most Popular

Ayushmann Khurrana on his next with Abhishek Kapoor: It is a beautiful, progressive love story

By: Leisure Desk | New Delhi | Revealed: July 29, 2020 8:43:23 am Ayushmann Khurrana and Abhishek Kapoor movie will launch subsequent 12...

Who is Dhanashree Verma?

By: Leisure Desk | New Delhi | Revealed: August 8, 2020 6:42:23 pm Dhanashree Verma is a YouTuber and dancer by career. (Picture:...

Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister Shweta: I only wish I could have protected him from everything

Written by Sana Farzeen | Mumbai | Revealed: July 27, 2020 2:04:16 pm Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister Shweta shared tales from their...
English English हिन्दी हिन्दी ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ