A five-year-old boy died in a fireplace at a slum cluster in Delhi’s Rohini on Friday, police stated.
The sufferer was recognized as Ajmer, a resident of the Bengali Basti slum cluster, they stated.
The fireplace had engulfed 24 shanties of the cluster and 12 fireplace tenders had been deployed, in response to police.
Ajmer was rescued and brought to the Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital, Rohini, the place docs declared the kid introduced lifeless, police stated.
Senior police official Rajiv Ranjan Singh stated that the crime crew was known as on the spot and it carried out the inspection.
As per the headman of the slum cluster, Anarul, there have been 24 shanties, official stated.
“A case has been registered beneath part 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fireplace or flamable matter) and 304 A (inflicting loss of life by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code. Additional investigation on this matter is in progress,” he stated.