October 2 is marked because the Worldwide Day of Non-Violence yearly by the United Nations. Mahatma Gandhi gave the world the philosophy of non-violence or Ahimsa. It was Mahatma Gandhi’s agency perception that solely a non-violent motion can obtain the very best goal of freedom. “Non-violence is the best drive on the disposal of mankind. It’s mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man,” Mahatma Gandhi had mentioned.
The UN Basic Meeting in a decision on 15 June 2007, commemorated the start anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi because the Worldwide Day of Non-violence. The UN mentioned, the target of the day is to “disseminate the message of non-violence, together with by way of training and public consciousness”.
Worldwide Day of Non-Violence 2020: What United Nations mentioned
“On this Worldwide Day of Non-violence, I reiterate my name for a worldwide ceasefire. Making this a actuality earlier than the top of the yr would ease struggling, assist decrease the danger of famine and create area for negotiations in direction of peace. Now could be the time to accentuate our efforts,” UN chief Antonio Guterres mentioned.
On this Worldwide Day of Non-violence, I reiterate my name for a worldwide ceasefire.
Making this a actuality earlier than the top of the yr would ease struggling, assist decrease the danger of famine & create area for negotiations in direction of peace.
Now could be the time to accentuate our efforts. pic.twitter.com/BI06r7USsh
— António Guterres (@antonioguterres) October 2, 2020
Worldwide day of Non-Violence: Mahatma Gandhi’s quote on non-violence (Ahimsa)
- “Ahimsa is the strongest drive recognized”
- “Ahimsa means infinite love, which once more means infinite capability for struggling”
- “Ahimsa is just not a matter of mere dialectics: it transcends it”
- “Ahimsa is an attribute of the courageous. Cowardice and ahimsa do not go collectively any greater than water and fireplace”
- “Ahimsa and love are one and the identical factor”
- “Ahimsa and Fact are so intertwined that it’s virtually inconceivable to disentangle and separate them”
- “Ahimsa is my God, and Fact is my God”
- “Fact and ahimsa won’t ever be destroyed”
- “The removing of untouchability is among the highest expressions of ahimsa”
- “No matter power the plenty have is due solely to ahimsa, nevertheless imperfect or faulty its follow may need been”
- “The scriptures of Christians, Mussalmans and Hindus are all replete with the instructing of ahimsa”