The Indian Railways come is probably the most intensive rail networks throughout the globe and as we speak on the event of Indian Rail Transport Day, we are going to spotlight a few of the attention-grabbing info that are positive to amaze you.
1. The primary official practice within the nation commenced its journey on April 16 and coated a distance of 34 km in Mumbai between Bori Bunder and Thane. The Indian Railways function one of many largest logistics and transportation networks on the planet and is a crucial nationwide asset of India, masking the size and breadth of all the nation.
2. The Fairy Queen in India has been accredited with the Guinness E book of World Information in 1998 for being the oldest working steam locomotive.
3. The nation’s railways are utilized by 22.5 million passengers a day. The annual determine of the identical is a mind-boggling 8.224 billion passengers which far exceeds all the inhabitants of the globe.
4. The entire size of the Indian Railways community stands at a whopping 66,030 km which is greater than all the circumference of our planet.
5. One other attention-grabbing reality about Indian Railways is that whereas the primary official run was logged in April, the primary practice within the nation moved its wheels in December 1851 in Roorkee.
6. India’s Railways join each distant nook of the nation. The system manages 7137 stations 24*7. The station with the longest identify is WR Venkatanarasimharjuvariipeta which is nestled on the Arakkonam-Renigunta part of the Southern Railway, whereas Ib, the station with the shortest identify is positioned on the Howrah-Nagpur mainline close to Jharsuguda.
7. India, through the time of independence, had 42 impartial railway programs and in 1951 they have been nationalized and segregated into six totally different railway zones. The nation at current has 69 divisions and 16 zones.
8. Indian Railways employs greater than 1.Three million workers and is ranked because the eighth largest employer on the planet as per knowledge revealed in 2015.
9. The longest-running practice in India, Vivek Categorical, covers a distance of 4273 km commencing its journey from Dibrugarh, Assam and travels to Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu in lower than 4 days.
Learn all of the Newest News and Breaking News right here