Press Reporter News Service
Hisar, July 26
Haryana has acquired 14 per cent extra rain this monsoon although rain has been lower than common in 11 districts of the state. Nonetheless, rain has been a lot above common in 10 districts.
Information compiled by the agriculture meteorological division of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural College (HAU) revealed that Fatehabad, Faridabad, Hisar, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Sirsa and Sonepat districts acquired above regular rain from June 1 to July 24.
The districts receiving poor rainfall are Ambala, Bhiwani, Gurugram, Mahendragarh, Mewat, Palwal, Panchkula, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak and Yamunanagar.
Nonetheless, the spell of rain within the state from July 18 to 24 was nearly double the conventional. This spell recorded 104 per cent extra rain than common, said the HAU information.
General, Karnal acquired the best rain of 389.7 mm throughout the monsoon, adopted by Kurukshetra (388.5 mm) and Kaithal (312.four mm), which was far more than regular rainfall of 216.eight mm, 216.9 mm and 134.7 mm, respectively.
Panchkula had 64 mm much less rain, adopted by Rewari and Rohtak, each having 47 per cent much less rain than common. Panchkula, Ambala and Yamunanagar districts, having the best regular rainfall in Haryana, had acquired poor rain this monsoon thus far.
Haryana had a median rainfall of 166.1 mm by July 24, however acquired 189.5 mm, a departure of 14 per cent, the HAU information said.
Evaluation of the information revealed that the most recent spell of rain, from July 18 to 24, had helped the state enhance its rainfall figures as 73.7 mm of rain was recorded. It had a median rainfall determine of 36.2 mm, a departure of 104 per cent.
Dr ML Khichar, head of the Agri-Met division within the HAU, mentioned the lively south-west monsoon winds had helped the area obtain higher rain throughout the earlier week. The workplace predicted that the monsoon would stay lively until August 2.
“The monsoon is more likely to get lively once more because of beneficial climate situations because the monsoon turf is shifting from the Himalayan area to the plains. Average rain is predicted in Yamunanagar, Ambala, Panchkula, Kurukshetra, Karnal, Panipat, Jhajjar and adjoining areas from July 28. Different districts can get rain within the subsequent three days,” he mentioned.
Gurugram on alert as roads waterlogged
- With rampant waterlogging throughout the town with each bout of rain, Gurugram has been placed on alert for vector-borne illnesses throughout monsoon
- As a preliminary measure, the Well being Division has launched Gambusia fish to maintain the district’s water our bodies mosquito-free
- Gambusia feeds on 200-300 larvae of mosquito each day and thrives in shallow waters as effectively
- The fish has been launched into 72 water our bodies out of a complete of 153 ponds
- The district well being authorities have procured larvacides, fogging chemical compounds and black oil. Spraying will begin quickly. OC