Sunday, 11 April, 2021
Home India Toll booths to be removed, GPS-based toll collection within 1 year: Gadkari

Toll booths to be removed, GPS-based toll collection within 1 year: Gadkari

India will eliminate toll cubicles and implement full GPS-based toll assortment inside one 12 months, Highway Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari stated on Thursday.

He stated 93 per cent of the autos pay toll utilizing FASTag, however the remaining 7 per cent have nonetheless not taken it regardless of paying a double toll.

“I need to guarantee the Home that inside one 12 months all bodily toll cubicles within the nation shall be eliminated. It signifies that toll assortment will occur by way of GPS. The cash shall be collected primarily based on GPS imaging (on autos),” Gadkari stated within the Lok Sabha throughout Query Hour.

The minister stated he has instructed police inquiry for these autos which don’t pay toll utilizing FASTags. There are instances of toll theft and GST evasion instances if FASTags are usually not fitted in autos.

FASTags, which facilitate digital fee of payment at toll plazas, was launched in 2016.

From February 16, autos with out FASTag are required to pay double toll payment at digital toll plazas throughout the nation.

Making the tags obligatory would additionally assist in making certain that autos move seamlessly by the toll plazas, because the payment fee could be achieved electronically.

Gadkari stated new autos have FasTags fitted in them, whereas the federal government has stated it would give free FASTags for outdated autos.

Most Popular

Ayushmann Khurrana on his next with Abhishek Kapoor: It is a beautiful, progressive love story

By: Leisure Desk | New Delhi | Revealed: July 29, 2020 8:43:23 am Ayushmann Khurrana and Abhishek Kapoor movie will launch subsequent 12...

Poll Body Seeks Detailed Report On Kamal Nath's "Item" Remark

Kamal Nath referred to lady minister as an "merchandise", sparking an argument. (File)New Delhi: The Election Fee of India (ECI) has sought an in...

Who is Dhanashree Verma?

By: Leisure Desk | New Delhi | Revealed: August 8, 2020 6:42:23 pm Dhanashree Verma is a YouTuber and dancer by career. (Picture:...
English English हिन्दी हिन्दी ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ